Be part of the first Riverdance Summer School
Apply now to be part of the first Riverdance – Trinity College Dublin International Summer School
Riverdance has joined forces with Ireland’s leading university, Trinity College Dublin to launch The Riverdance – Trinity College International Summer School.
Taught by the Riverdance professional, the students will be immersed in Riverdance in its hometown of Dublin and they will take part fully in an exciting schedule of classes and activities.
- Learn the iconic Riverdance choreography from the show,
- Train in all aspects of being a professional dancer from nutrition to fitness and general personal management so as to be prepared for a working life as a performer.
- Attend a performance of Riverdance at the Gaiety Theatre, Dublin with a meet and greet with the cast backstage.
- Gain insight into how to choreograph new dance numbers and what it takes to put a live performance on stage. On completion of the school students will have gained a wealth of knowledge about the industry.
- Take part in a fully staged rehearsed performance of extracts from Riverdance featuring all the students. This is the finale of each week where the students can showcase their work and perform to an audience of their families and friends.
For those dreaming of a life as a performer, the school offers unique opportunities to
- Join the Riverdance troupe onstage for a group number in the show (a small selection of dancers aged 16 and older may be chosen.
- Audition for Riverdance (for dancers aged 18 and over)
We are delighted to be collaborating with Trinity College, Ireland’s auspicious seat of learning and The Lir National Academy of Dramatic Art in this summer camp. Twenty years on, the journey that is Riverdance continues, and with the aid of our prestigious collaborators we hope to share some of the knowledge that we have gathered along the way with our international participants.
Moya Doherty, Riverdance Producer
This is an innovative coming together of culture and higher education, where international participants will gain insight into the award winning performance that has contributed to the re-shaping of Irish cultural heritage. Trinity is delighted to host the international summer school, where our global participants will be provided with a deep understanding of one of Ireland’s great success stories and cultural milestones
Dr. Patrick Prendergast, Provost of Trinity
Applications for a place on the Summer School must be submitted on www.riverdance.com/summerschool
NO FEE is required to apply for a place on the summer school.
Application information required includes:
- Dance experience and training to date
- A video recording of a solo dance performance (1 min heavy show, dancing to your choice of music)
All applications for a place on the Summer School will be considered.
Successful applicants will be notified by email and will be sent detailed instructions for full summer school registration and fee payment.
The goal of the school is to welcome the next generation of dancers, to educate and to ensure that all students enjoy the experience.
There will be two scholarship places available each week. The scholarship covers the full cost of the school.
To apply for the Scholarship:
Write an essay (500 words or more) or
Record a Video piece to camera (no longer than 3 minutes)
The essay or video should be added to your online application
Summer School Dates:
Monday 13th July – Saturday 18th July 2015
Monday 20th July – Saturday 25th July 2015
Monday 27th July – Saturday 1st August 2015
Ages: 12+ (must be aged 12 by 1st January 2015)
Fees: €950 Residential (Accommodation will consist of en suite single
rooms in the historical main campus of Trinity College Dublin)
Payment of 350 is required upon acceptance of a place.
Full Fees must be paid by 31st May 2015